21 November 2005

2008?

Greetings fellow bloggers and other miscreants,

I homeschool my 6th grader and my 3rd grader. So I belong to a couple of yahoogroups that are dedicated to homeschool issues. One in particular is a group of homeschoolers who are also dedicated to progressive political issues. So we talk more about politics than homeschooling, altho the two sometimes merge.

Yesterday someone raised the question, would you vote for Hillary Clinton if she were on the Presidential ticket in 2008? Well, I think the question was actually, if it were 2008 right now, would you vote for her? I was surprised to find that almost overwhelmingly the answer to that was very negative.

Most of the people on this list questioned her ability to lead, questioned her integrity and see her in a similar light as John Kerry. They see her as an extremely political animal. But the thing that really surprised me was how voraciously this group is also de-crying the Democratic National Committee. I've been feeling for a long time like they just keep shoving bad choices down my throat, but I was heartened to hear others saying they feel the same.

I just hope the DNC can hear us too.

Granuaile.

No comments: