11 November 2005

Shame

Greetings Fellow Bloggers and Other Miscreants,

When, the other day, I heard about the latest bombing in Amman, Jordan, I went to the BBC website to read about it. That's where I take most of my news now ... BBC. They are more credible than any stateside source. They also have a unique feature with most of their articles ... e-mail commentary. It's almost like a blog comment feature. You probably all know what I'm talking about. Because anyone who is reading this, has read the BBC.

In any case, I read the comments from around the world. One stopped me cold. The writer issued a challenge to the United States to send as much aid to Amman as they do to Israel, but went on to imagine that we would not. Several other writers imagined that the U.S. would not care as much about Jordan as we do about other oil producing countries. Etc., etc., etc. I started to try to write some feeble defense of us ... you know ... the "other 48%" who did not vote for GW. To tell the world that there is a whole other side of this country who does care about the rest of the world. But then I realized ...

much to my ...

SHAME ...

the government we have IS our country to the rest of the world. This is it. W is the face of us to everyone else.

What shame.

No comments: